Here at Alta Mountain Chiropractic, we have many different services to fit your specific needs. Whether you are experiencing back pain, feeling out of alignment, or just want to get healthier, we can help.
To help all of our patients, we offer the following services:
A chiropractic adjustment can make you feel so much better. Your body does not want to be out of alignment, and that’s exactly what an adjustment can help address. It is also known as chiropractic manipulation, manual manipulation, or spinal manipulation. The adjustment refers to the manipulation of the vertebrae that have abnormal movements and are not functioning properly. A chiropractic adjustment will assist in fixing these issues.
Regenerative injections treat a variety of musculoskeletal inflammation based conditions. Soft tissue injuries respond well to treatment, including muscles, ligaments, and tendons. It is most helpful to those who experience chronic inflammation, due to repetitive injuries who may have a weak area or body part that they overuse.
Massage Therapy and Styles offered
Massage therapy involves using various pressures, movements and procedures to manipulate muscles, fascia and other soft tissues within the body. There are several different types and modalities of massage therapy.
- Is a classic massage therapy modality. This is great place to start if you have never had a massage before.It typically includes light or medium pressure and promotes increased circulation along with relaxation for the mind and body.
Deep Tissue massage
- Is often used to treat muscle tightness, injuries and chronic muscle pain. Muscles may get tight from overuse or repetitive activities.Deep tissue massage, as in the name is applied with deeper pressure and is often advantageous for focus areas.
- Is similar to deep tissue massage but targets athletes or those who are in repetitive physical activities. Athletes and dancers use their bodies differently than the common person. They may need more specialized care when working with them to break up tight muscles along with the ability to address sports injuries.
Trigger Point massage
- Is utilized on tiny muscle spasms. Such as a tight spot in your neck or a knot in your back. Trigger point massage uses direct pressure on those target areas to increase blood flow and help them release. This can also be an effective treatment for chronic pain.
- Is when your massage therapist kneads and stretches the muscles which in turn warms up the area, this loosens the fascia, a web of connective tissue surrounding all muscles and organs within the body. Allowing the muscles to relax by working out the surrounding tension.
- Is a gentle touch massage stimulating the flow of lymphatic fluid circulating in the body. The lymphatic system plays a significant role in removing waste products from the body. Lymphatic massage is great for people with edema, inflammation and for those who have had lymph nodes removed.
- Is a wonderful modality to help take pressure off the hips, reduce swelling in the feet and beneficial with general aches and pains that come along with growing a baby.
- Is recorded in one of the oldest medical textbooks, the Ebers Papyrus in 1550 B.C. Cupping massage therapy utilizes special cups placed on the skin for a few minutes to create suction. This helps with pain, inflammation and helps increase blood flow to the area.
Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Lowers stress and anxiety by stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system
- Increased immune function, studies indicate increased “killer T cells” with massage therapy, thereby boosting the immune system
- Decreased headaches
- Decreased insomnia related to stress
- Soft tissue strains
- Pain management, chronic muscle pain, arthritis pain
- Improved physical fitness by reducing muscle tension and helps prevent injuries
- Manage low back pain
- Lessens fibromyalgia symptoms
- Relieves cancer pain
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers post-surgery pain and inflammation
- Improves adrenal function
Contraindications for Massage Therapy
- Most people benefit from massage therapy. However, if you have any of the following speak to your doctor prior to making an appointment.
- -bleeding disorders or currently taking blood thinners
- -burns or healing wounds
- -deep vein thrombosis, when a blood clot forms in one or more of the deep veins in the body, usually in the legs
- -broken bones
- -severe osteoporosis
Spinal Decompression Therapy
Our office offers spinal decompression, which is a non-invasive alternative to back surgery for our patients. Spinal Decompression Therapy is FDA cleared and has been clinically proven with a high success rate for pain associated with herniated or bulging discs…even after failed surgery. Spinal Decompression at our Sandy, UT chiropractic office is a non-surgical therapy for the relief of back and leg pain or neck and arm pain. During this procedure, by cycling through distraction and relaxation phases and by proper positioning, a spinal disc can be isolated and placed under negative pressure, causing a vacuum or “unloading” effect within it.
Corrective exercises can help make any pain that you are experiencing go away and stay away. These exercises will strengthen and correct the irregularities of your body which may be causing your pain. Most of these exercises are able to be performed in the comfort of your own home. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles or connective tissues that are out of place can also cause pain.
Physical therapy rehabilitation uses mechanical force and movement to improve mobility, function, and even quality of life through examination, diagnosis, prognosis, and physical intervention. Our physical therapists are trained and licensed to examine, evaluate, diagnose, and treat impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities in patients.
Chronic back pain is one of the biggest problems Americans face today. Back pain actually affects eight out of ten people at some point in their lives. Even though back pain is common, it is not all the same. Many different conditions can cause back pain and cause different areas of the back to hurt. These include sprained ligaments, strained muscles, trigger points, arthritis, ruptured disks, inflamed joins, sport injuries, and many more.
An auto accident can cause many different issues. Often an accident can throw your neck, your spine, or even your entire body out of alignment. Our trained professionals are able to work with you to find the exact cause of each of your issues and help you through exercises as well as regular chiropractic care so that you begin to feel like yourself again.
These are just some of the services that we provide here at Alta Mountain Chiropractic. We love assisting others and helping them feel better again. No matter what your pain or injury is, we will work with you to ensure that you are pain free and feeling great.
At Alta Mountain Chiropractic and Massage, we offer some of the best services at very fair pricing. We often get told how reasonable our prices are compared to others establishments that our patients have visited. We also except all major insurances and have time of service discounts for cash paying patients. We do not do expensive pay upfront long-term treatment plans. We do not find this to be in the best interest of the patient.
If you have any questions about the services that we provide our patients, contact us today at (801) 523-2582.