Ozone is a “supercharged” version of oxygen which makes it unique in helping the body to heal. Its increased energy means that it can work quickly to improve the function of the immune system, which in turn means it is able to effectively fight “foreign bodies” in the body.
The body’s immune system naturally produces ozone to help it to do its job. If the body becomes depleted of oxygen, which is common in many people, the immune system struggles to perform its task and various conditions are allowed to thrive including bacteria, viruses, autoimmune disease and more.
Ozone can help the body to heal by:
- reducing the clogging of blood cells
- improving circulation and oxygen supply
- decreasing uric acid
- killing viruses, bacteria and fungus
- improving the activity of the white blood cells
- detoxifying the liver
- slowing down the aging process
Ozone therapy works by increasing the amount of oxygen in the body. Oxygen is a safe, natural detoxifier and cleanser and has been shown to have antiviral, antibiotic, antifungal, antiparasitic and antimicrobial activity. Every cell in the body needs adequate amounts of oxygen for proper detoxification, respiration and metabolism.
What Does Ozone Do in the Body?
Once introduced into the body, ozone does 4 main things:
- It’s a natural detoxifier. Just like ozone is used in water purification, air purification, and swimming pools to keep them clean, it can also do the same in your body. It is able to bind with toxins because it has an extra negative ion charge. Since most of the toxins in the environment and heavy metals have a positive charge, the ozone binds with them and neutralizes them into something that can no longer negatively affect our bodies, and then the body is able to remove them.
- It’s a natural antiviral, antibiotic, antifungal, and antiparasitic. When ozone comes into contact with these organisms they explode and die. Ozone is about 4,500 times more powerful at killing these organisms than chlorine bleach, and of course chlorine is very toxic to the body, whereas ozone is not.
- It’s a natural immune system booster. Just like the immune system produces its own ozone to defend and heal the body, the introduction of medical ozone into the body helps the immune system defend you better.
- It resets the mitochondria. The mitochondria are the organelles inside the cells that produce energy. Ozone allows them to reset and make more energy and this often leads to a decrease in fat.
- Improves the condition of the blood. Ozone therapy helps blood cells to function properly, improves cell motility, cleans the blood, improves circulation and cellular metabolism and tends to decrease uric acid in the body.
Ozone Therapy Has Broad Applications
Ozone therapy is a safe, effective treatment for a number of ailments including the following as well as most any condition you could think of:
- Lyme disease
- Leaky Gut
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Systemic lupus
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Diabetes type 1
- Crohn’s disease
- Sinus infections
- Ear infections
- Yeast infections
- Musculoskeletal pains
How Will Ozone Therapy Work For You?
If you have one of the conditions listed above or some other chronic health condition, it’s possible that ozone therapy could be beneficial and help you recover. Many health conditions respond favorably to ozone therapy, helping the body to fend off stubborn bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi and molds. It also helps the body to rapidly detoxify and sets the stage for a patient’s body to be able to recover, given proper nutrition and a healthy diet.
We use many different ozone therapy techniques at Alta Mountain Chiropractic to introduce ozone into the body, depending on the desired result.
Who Can Benefit from Ozone Treatments?
Restoring health with ozone is a very natural process and an increasing number of practitioners are using ozone therapy in their practices. Most patients are very comfortable with ozone treatments because they are reasonably non-invasive and can have fast-acting results.
Because ozone therapy provides the body’s immune system with the correct tools to do its job can be used to fight almost any condition including Lyme disease, fibromyalgia, herpes, Hashimotos thyroiditis, systemic lupus, colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, diabetes type 1, musculoskeletal pain and Crohn’s disease and almost all conditions you can name.
Medically administered it is very effective as an antibacterial, germicidal, and anti-fungicidal agent.
Some of the ways that ozone therapy can be administered include: through the ears, vaginally, rectally, into the bladder and via injections.
Benefits of Ozone Therapy in the Body
- purifies the blood & lymphatic system
- detoxifies the liver
- decreases uric acid in the body
- improves circulation and oxygen supply
- decreases fat (cholesterol and triglycerides)
- kills viruses, bacteria and fungus
- improves white blood cell activity (which neutralize viruses, bacteria, fungi & cancer)
- improves cellular metabolism
- slows down the aging process
- tissue regeneration
To schedule your ozone therapy appointment at Alta Mountain Chiropractic call us at (801) 523-2582.
To see a large number of scientific studies supporting the use of Ozone Therapy click here.
1 Rao GN. Protein tyrosine phosphorylation events play determinant roles in cellular processes such as proliferation and differentiation. Oncogene. 1996 Aug 15;13(4):713-9.
4 Bonetti M, et al. Intraforaminal O(2)-O(3) versus periradicular steroidal infiltrations in lower back pain: randomized controlled study. Am J Neuroradiol.2005 May; 26(5):996-1000.CONCLUSION: Oxygen-ozone treatment was highly effective in relieving acute and chronic lower back pain and sciatica. The gas mixture can be administered as a first treatment to replace epidural steroids.
5 Al-Jaziri AA, et al. Painkilling effect of ozone-oxygen injection on spine and joint osteoarthritis. Saudi Med J.2008 Apr;29(4):553-7.CONCLUSION: This study validates the painkilling effect of ozone-oxygen injection on osteoarthritis of the joints and spine. Its long term effect on pain advocates the likelihood of some histological changes as mechanism of its action.
6 Fuccio C, et al. A single subcutaneous injection of ozone prevents allodynia and decreases the over-expression of pro-inflammatory caspases in the orbito-frontal cortex of neuropathic mice. Eur J Pharmacol.2009 Jan 28;603(1-3):42-9.CONCLUSION: These preliminary data show that peripheral neuropathy induced over-expression of pro-inflammatory/pro-apoptotic caspases in the orbito-frontal cortex and that ozone, by mechanisms that are as yet unknown, can regulate the expression of the genes that play a pivotal role in the onset and maintenance of allodynia.
7 Paoloni M, et al. Intramuscular oxygen-ozone therapy in the treatment of acute back pain with lumbar disc herniation-a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, clinical trial of active and simulated lumbar paravertebral injection. Spine.2009;34(13):1337–1344.CONCLUSION: Ozone vs placebo – 61% vs 33% pain free.
8 Bonetti M, et al. Intraforaminal O(2)-O(3) versus periradicular steroidal infiltrations in lower back pain: randomized controlled study. AJNR Am JNeuroradiol. 2005 May;26(5):996-1000.CONCLUSION: Ozone more effective than steroids – 8.6 vs 21.4% poor outcomes.
9 Fifth International Symposium on the Applications of Ozone, April 2007, Havana, Cuba. CONCLUSION: We conclude that intra-articular ozone is an effective therapy in the treatment of grade III knee osteoarthritis resistant to treatment with NSAIDs. “Ozone Shot as Effective as Surgery for Herniated Discs” As reported in CyberRounds, by Neil Wagner online at www.cyberrounds.com.A Toronto team examined the results of 12 previous studies involving over 8,000 patients of ozone treatment of herniated discs. The studies showed ozone therapy to be just as effective as surgery but with a shorter recovery time and a much lower risk of complications. Information on this procedure has been adapted from LifeWorks Wellness Center